Laingholm is a small village in the Waitākere Ranges of West Auckland.
The name derives from George and John Laing, who farmed the area from 1854 onwards until it was subdivided.
Located on the shores of Manukau Harbour, and within the Waitākere Ranges, Laingholm provides one of the few opportunities left in the Auckland region to live in a natural setting. Many of the houses are surrounded by a native forest.
Originally a vacation destination, holiday homes were constructed in the early part of the century after the original farmland was sold in lots. With road upgrades, increased car ownership and the growth of Auckland, Laingholm is now within driving distance of the Auckland centre.
At the 2018 New Zealand census, Laingholm had a population of 2,385 with 843 households.